Statistics of the Central Bank of Montenegro Payment System


Latest change: 17 July 2024 


Indicators of performed payment transactions in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro in June 20241


During 20 working days in June 2024, a total of 1,202,152 payment orders were performed through the CBCG Payment System. Of this number 482,198 orders or 40.11% were performed in the RTGS system and the remaining 719,954 or 59.89% orders related to the DNS system.


The value of performed payment transactions in RTGS system and DNS system amounted to 1.95 billion Euros, out of which 1.84 billion Euros (94.23%) was the value of the payment transactions performed through the RTGS system, while 112.69 million Euros (5.77%) were performed in the DNS system.


The average daily volume of the performed payment transactions through both RTGS system and DNS system, presented through the number of orders, amounted to 60,108 orders, while the average daily value of payment transactions amounted to 97.66 million Euros.


During 10,900 minutes of production2 for 20 working days in June 2024, there was 50 minutes delay in system operations, thus the availability of RTGS system and DNS system was 99.54%3.


Appendix


1 Note: Since January 2018, the Central Bank of Montenegro publishes data on performed national payment transactions in the CBCG Payment System (RTGS system and DNS system).

  • Until 31 December 2017, the collection of data on internal (interbank) payment transactions was carried out in accordance with the Decision on Reports to be Submitted to the Central Bank of Montenegro (OGM 64/12).

  • Decision on Reporting to the Central Bank of Montenegro (OGM 82/17) specifies that data on payment transactions are to be collected on quarterly basis.

2 Daily production was 545 minutes.


3 Due to technical problems, during the specified duration of system downtime, a part of the participants in the Payment System was not able to exchange messages.



Performed payment transactions in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro in 2022


During 255 working days or 137.575 minutes of production in 2022, 12,549,563 orders were performed in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro (RTGS system and DNS system), of which 4,622,233 (36.83%) through the RTGS system, while 7,927,330 orders (63.17%) were performed through DNS system.

The value of performed payment transactions in the Payment System of the Central Bank of Montenegro (RTGS system and DNS system), amounted to 18.3 billion Euros, of which 17.2 billion Euros (93.87%) were performed through the RTGS system, while 1.1 billion Euros (6.13%) were performed through DNS system.

More information can be found in the CBCG’s Annual Report.